Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Play

Dylan is in the play School House Rocks Jr. Friday night he did great I was so impressed. So Saturday all my (2 friends) came with their kids and well for starters I blame Thom for this whole mess b/c he gave 2 things of sugar(SERIOUSLY?!?!) to him at the movies right before.....he was a mess!! SOOO the play starts... we sat in the balcony a couple of families were laughing and they later told me Dylan was their humor ( it was done in taste and I agreed) He decided that he was SO done with this play, yawned, had his hands behind his neck, starred at ceiling,danced his own jig...bored.... singing the whole time tho, RAN OFF THE STAGE in the middle of a song and sat next to the director bc he was thirsty...WHICH she tells me later that he sat in her daughters seat so her daughter was freaking he sat there, director was looking around to find help (where was I..well I was in the balcony wanting to come down and my delicious husband told me to stop being a spaz and sit, its under control)(again Thoms fault) so she has him tight for she feared he would run off and kept telling her daughter to calm down WHILE directing the show, with one arm, the other was around Dylan.......I will be sitting front and center today....ANYWAY he gets back up there, notices that a girl needs to move a little, he tells her and she tells him and I quote "would you shut up already" EEEEEEKKKKK! well it was funny but I DID want to punch her very chubby cheeks.....in Dylans mind she was in the wrong spot and he was helping (she was).....then the boy next to him said something Dylan didn't like, so Dylan stuck out his tongue(SERIOUSLY?!?!?!) and told HIM he needs to get off the stage...its true it was time to get off but he wasn't, he soon realized oh yeah Dylans right and gets off the stage....again the balcony laughs...it was funny.....I guess....I laughed. I mean what else can you do? Its how his brain works....When it was over the balcony comes to us to tell us that Dylan made the show,,,Thom wants kill him and she said no way we love him and wants to get Dylan a gift. That is one good thing about living in a very small town. They all know Dylan and accept his quirkiness.....but they are adults, I worry about his peers.....The main character in the play, I had to hug him HUGE bc altho only in 4th grade, he has maturity of much older,,,Dylan was having a moment onstage at Fridays performance, I saw it starting I dont think the others did, I saw him turn and told Dylan its okay and calm down. He used his hands to show Dylan how to calm down. He was so sweet then carried on with his lines like it was nothing. I pulled him aside and thank him for being kind, He said Ms. Jones I have been doing this for a couple of months I know what Dylan needs, its OK, Well at least that is one peer that maybe around to help Dylan in life or at least for the moment. Did I mention Dylan has 5th disease which is in the chicken pox family....it was ITCHING on stage...I blame Thom...why? Because I can so there for I just did. Until next time.....all in a day SERIOUSLY

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! And what a sweet friend that is to know what he needs to do for Dylan to calm him down. And of course you can blame Thom.

    ReplyDelete